At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
JOB SUMMARY - Senior Global Quality Mechanicals Manager – Fremont, CA
Our Senior Global Quality Mechanicals Manager supports the globalization of business through leading and coordinating the standardization of systems, procedures, best practices and policies across all segment mechanical workcells. You will ensure current and future quality and manufacturing systems meet and/or exceed customer and regulatory requirements. You will review and promote improvement in customer metrics to ensure customer satisfaction, as well as act as a liaison between Jabil sites for program transfers including providing input into transfer plans and timelines, supporting data and knowledge transfer activities and participating in launch activities as needed. In addition, you will provide support and technical assistance to new facility and/or workcell startups while providing mentoring and technical assistance to direct reports and Jabil site Quality Managers and staff.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Quality staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Promote Culture of Quality Programs across segment mechanicals sites and drive sustaining values and practices
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Define, develop and implement a Quality strategy which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
- Work with RQD and Site Quality Managers to develop annual Site Quality Objectives.
- Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to Quality.
- Provide regular updates to Business Unit on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong knowledge and experience in general Quality Body of Knowledge (FMEA, RCCA, 8D, DPPM, APQP, etc.).
- Strong experience in mechanical, machining, welding, sheet metal, paint, and plating processes.
- Strong experience in reading and interpreting mechanical Blueprints and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Strong experience in measuring quality plans, gage selection and gage use.
- Experience in the application of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) a plus.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills, including ability to connect with and build trust/respect from internal and external customers.
- Experience in leading and influencing others direct or indirectly employee managed.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 8+ years work-related experience required in Quality Management in the machining industry.
- 5+ years as a people manager.
- 3+ years experience with CNC Machining.
- Operations Management experience preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Global/Multi-site experience preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.