Jabil Healthcare is the largest global provider of healthcare manufacturing solutions in the industry. At Jabil we are seeking individuals to continue our goal to be an industry leader in healthcare industry. Jabil is looking for solid candidates to perform preventative maintenance on a variety of complex machines, precision calibration procedures down to a micron scale, and repair of CNC mill and lathes and other manufacturing equipment used in the medical manufacturing process. At Jabil you will be working a long side some of the most talented engineers in the medical field helping to problem solve issues in the manufacturing process that benefit patients around the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working from engineering drawings, written work instructions and process specifications to repair structural and precision mechanical components in a manufacturing environment.
- Supporting equipment calibration, equipment/utility validation, preventive maintenance and repair of CNC & manufacturing equipment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Focus on a team first approach with other technicians and mentor fellow technicians as needed.
- Assists with the coordination of scheduled maintenance to supported equipment based upon production schedule.
- Apply working knowledge in wide variety of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Assists in the ordering, inventory, and sourcing of machine repair parts.
- Continual seek creative ideas to improve machine and manufacturing uptime along side engineers.
- Assist engineers in solutions needed for emergency line maintenance.
- Strong understanding control logic, such as PLC and Ladder diagrams.
- Working understanding of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic prints.
- Be proficient in blueprint reading, gage operation, and basic understanding of machining setups.
- Assist with the crating and uncrating of equipment and the movement and installation of machinery as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of inventory records for all manufacturing machines.
- Log maintenance performed on machines in CMMS database.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; and four years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and familiarity with the proper usage of mechanics hand tools and power tools and precision instruments.
- Experience in three phase electrical wiring, VFD, and invertors (preferred).
- Experience with automated/CNC manufacturing processes (preferred).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, loading, and unloading of equipment, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Must be able to support production work on any shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the manufacturing area. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
Broad knowledge and troubleshooting capability with various electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment typically gained through extensive experience.
Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
May require forklift certification.
Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
Understanding of safety practices requirements.
Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $19.62 - $28.43 - $37.25. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.