Working under general direction, performs a variety of difficult assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative to resolve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a skilled specialist, completes tasks using creative and effective approaches. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions:
· Utilizing diagnostic equipment, processes and procedures, troubleshoots non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Maintains proficiency with diagnostic software at all levels.
· Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
· Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
· Performs scheduled preventive maintenance. Documents maintenance as per program designation.
· Monitors work order backlog and proactively keeps management apprised of potential impacts to production.
· Calibrates equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
· Communicates with equipment suppliers regarding the repair of equipment.
· May make recommendations regarding design and specifications of equipment.
· May make recommendations regarding design enhancement/modifications to production equipment.
· Trains lower level technicians in the maintenance of equipment.
· May provide back-up supervisory duties.
· May be required to work overtime be on-call.
· Complies and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Thorough working knowledge and troubleshooting capability with various electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment typically gained through extensive experience.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
· Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
· Basic mathematics.
· Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail). Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree in electronics with emphasis in servo positioning theory or equivalent discipline.
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Proven experience in leading a team of technicians
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.