The Proposal Project Manager will work in conjunction with Business Development, Supply Chain, and Sales to create a winning strategy for new business. The Proposal Project Manager will coordinate the completion of the overall Customer Value proposition action items, from sales opportunity identification to purchase order submission, effectively contributing to the sales opportunity funnel supporting the overall sector growth and development strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinates quoting efforts and responses for new business, customer designs, lines of business and complex opportunities, to effectively differentiate Jabil from its competitors.
· Understands and utilizes key customer issues and hot buttons to drive or influence quote-win ratios. Effectively prepares proposals that properly qualify an opportunity, focuses on what the customer cares about, and is organized for maximum impact.
· Reads customer inputs and requirements to understand scope of liability to Jabil and ensure quotes are in compliance with unique sector regulations.
· Organizes virtual teams consisting of Sales, Design, and support to prepare and produce winning proposals. Performs occasional acting management assignments as needed.
· Participates in sales opportunity reviews to assess qualification and level of effort, and guides sales strategy. Determines and presents bid/no-bid recommendations.
· Develops proposal outlines and writes various proposal sections, including executive summaries, past performance/qualification summaries and references. Structures quote process to enable the Business Unit to align customer account results with sector growth strategy.
· Consolidates proposal inputs and coordinates with technical and/or management personnel to ensure accuracy and adherence to critical compliance and legal requirements and reviews with leadership for final approval.
· Copy edits proposals and related documents for completeness and compliance with editorial standards and for proposal formatting/composition, driving consistency in responses.
· Coordinates proposal reviews, ensuring compliance with solicitation requirements.
· Creates and maintains a proposal library – both hard copy and electronic.
· Maintains boilerplate material inventory. Manages Jabil or shared resources (Materials Quotation Specialists, Proposal Analysts, etc.) to deliver effective and efficient quote responses.
· Maintains inventory of bid opportunities, go/no go decisions and proposal wins/losses.
· Drives improvements through employee shared teams to deliver better proposals (e.g. tools that support this function).
· Ensures consistency in quote responses (e.g. terms and conditions, purchase orders matching quotations, etc.).
· Determines how best to present quotes to internal/external customers (e.g. formatting, level of detail, easy to use templates/tables, etc.).
· Engages relevant committee(s) to actively challenge quote process on “bad deals” not in best interest of Jabil. Demonstrates ability to push back as needed and to research and present available alternatives.
· Designs quote process and systems to facilitate a speedy go/no go decision on a potential business opportunity.
· Drives resolution of exceptions escalated from purchase orders that do not pass validation review against quote proposals.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong experience and/or knowledge of manufacturing environments and processes, specialized industry, and quality control principles.
· Ability to develop strong internal networking skills, knowing whom to go to and when.
· Demonstrated knowledge of proposal writing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (e.g., Salesforce.com).
· Excellent communication skills and ability to manage internal expectations.
· Strong financial skill knowledge and aptitude (e.g. balance sheet and income statement).
· Expert proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Sales presentation skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
· Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· Six Sigma Black Belt/Lean certification preferred.
· Previous sales experience and relevant industry experience preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
This role will be required to perform should cost analysis through the use of DFMA, aPriori, or other estimating techniques. Expertise in Plastics, Cables, and Electromechanical components is required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.