A technical resource for small scale projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Operate, monitor and maintain the infrastructure.
· Participate in a 24/7 on-call support rotation.
· Implement pre-defined hardware configurations.
· Maintain backup and recovery operations.
· Troubleshoot user issues.
· Deploy defined hotfixes and patches to server and workstations in response to a newly identified stability or security threat of hardware and software.
· Utilize remote compute system diagnostic tools to diagnose and fix problems of relevant department and/or corporate policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Ensure Business Continuity by effectively managing systems and process Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
· Maintain and adhere to licensing and compliancy requirements.
· Adhere to all documented actions, practices, procedures and processes.
· Utilize remote computer system diagnostic tools to diagnose and fix problems of the relevant department and/or corporate policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Achieve identified metric goals.
· Adhere to Systems designs.
· Maintain a good working knowledge of all hardware and software for asset management.
· Adhere to documented maintenance and plans.
· Create, document and implement disaster recovery and (business continuity) testing.
· Review project requests.
· Participate in design reviews.
· Review design for performance and performance tuning.
· Provide scope and limitation of objects.
· Participate in project planning as required.
· Work with source code control systems.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality).
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High School Diploma required AND 1 - 3 years of IT experience. Windows 2000 MCSA certification or newer preferred. Experience with Windows Principle, practices, implementation, and maintenance; SNMP-based monitoring; TCP/IP protocols, DNS, WINS, and DHCP; Group Policy and other related AD tasks.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills ? both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Familiarity with automation tools such as scripting languages. Participating in a 24/7 on-call support rotation. Familiarity with security and system hardening. Experience with thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe. Hands-on Experience with backup software such as BrightStor.. Experience with antivirus programs, spam filters and web monitoring. Experience with creating and deploying standard desktop images. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms. Windows 2000 MCSE certification or newer a plus.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual?s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.