To coordinate tasks with other Manufacturing staff to fulfill customer requirements, such as boxbuild and/or coating, while adhering to safety, quality and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works under direct, close supervision, with output monitored frequently.
· Follows mostly routine, standardized procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
· May be exposed to more advanced functions as part of training and development.
· Selects from a variety of established procedures to perform assigned duties.
· Resolves routine questions and problems, referring more complex issues to higher levels.
· Errors can cause minor delay, expense and disruption.
· Assembles finished units per customer specifications. Coordinates with teammates to organize tasks requiring multiple team members to accomplish.
· Utilizes manual and automated lifting devices while adhering to product safety specifications. Provides information and coordinates action plans at cross-functional meetings and communicates issues with team members and/or visitors to drive corrective actions.
· Individual must be able to work overtime as required, must be able to respond to conflicting deadlines, changing priorities, and continuous interruptions.
· Organizes and maintains spare parts inventory and orders spare parts as needed to fill customer orders.
· Assists in area organization 5S attributes.
· Keeps abreast of spare parts inventory locations for ease of order fulfillments.
· Performs preventive maintenance on area tooling according to schedules. Follows preventive maintenance procedural requirements to ensure audit compliance.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Coating MAY be a responsibility within this job. If Coating is a responsibility, the following duties appl):
KEY DUTIES SUPPORTING COATING:
· Perform manual conformal coating of product per required specifications.
· Prepare assemblies for automated coating processes and operate equipment as needed.
· Maintain spray equipment (spray guns, booths, stripping area)
· Ensure assemblies and components are properly handled and marked.
· Accurately maintain daily thickness logs and MES record keeping.
· Utilize bar code scanners and small hand tools.
· Inspect assemblies visually for proper masking application and placement of required materials.
· Work under direct, close supervision of manufacturing supervisor, or in his/her absence, from Group Leader, or other management so assigned.
· Follow detailed written or verbal instructions, including visual aids.
· Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized per 5S standards.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.