Sourcing Strategy Manager
Req ID: J2325058-SGA
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Sourcing Strategy Manager (SSM) should understand the Enterprise and Infrastructure (E&I) Division Sourcing, Commodity Management and Project Management teams, Jabil’s global infrastructure/capabilities, and the assigned sector. The SSM is the focal point for all Sourcing activities for the sector and is responsible for stimulating, fostering, and managing the organic growth of commodity content within the sector. The SSM will be the conduit between existing and targeted customers, Jabil BU/BD, Design, and the E&I teams for commodity activity throughout the supply chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Responsible to develop customer specific supplier and supply chain solutions for mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical commodities.
- Define solutions for existing and new business opportunities and intra-Jabil site transfers. Understand current customer’s product and future product road map to create value proposition concepts. Align with BD teams to launch value propositions projects.
- Define supplier strategies across multiple geographies.
- Assist BD in revenue generation through developing an in depth understanding of each BU’s specific business needs, translating those needs into tasks for the E&I Sourcing teams and developing differentiated supply chain solutions for the sector BU’s and customers.
- Develop, publicize and deploy a cohesive sector based strategy for sector specific products
- Define a supply base that is valuable and effective for the sector
- Direct RFQs to sector specific suppliers
- Develop winning value propositions that add value for our customers · Initiate/monitor involvement between the E&I Sourcing teams and Jabil’s engineering teams.
- Maintain effective prioritization and delegation of sector based initiatives
- Project Mgt. oversight of commodity project initiatives within the sector as a single point of contact, covering mechanical, electro-mechanical and electrical commodities.
- Leverage the expertise of the Commodity Mgrs to define effective supplier solutions.
- Develop and maintain gap analysis for Jabil/customer design requirements with supplier capabilities
- Utilize E&I Sourcing teams to identify process inefficiencies/vendor capabilities
- Drive the Divisional Sourcing teams to carry out the necessary Supplier
- Development to fill process gaps and unique customer process challenges
- Understand customer qualification requirements for new products and oversea execution through regional management
- Facilitate resolution of supplier quality issues and escalations.
- Utilize E&I Divisional resources to advise designers of lower-cost material or assembly approaches, and sit it in on design reviews as required
- Develop pricing strategies for production, design, and quoting activities · Provide the sector critical part numbers for inclusion in the quarterly negotiation cycle.
- Define, develop and make effective use of cost analysis tools
- Help develop a quick RFQ process, based on segment knowledge and direct suppliers with accurate target pricing
- Provide guidance on price trends Communication:
- Ensure open communication and exchange of team ideas
- Promote vision, professionalism and a customer centric culture
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in the knowledge of materials, tooling, and processing for Metal/Plastic/Packaging & hardware components and assemblies (both internally and externally with our customers)
- Demonstrated success in identifying and developing a common strategy around the customer and Business Unit needs within the sector
- Strong ability to collaborate with peers in other areas and management to reach the best solution for the organization ·
- Experience/Knowledge with Electric Vehicle Charging and/or Battery Energy Storage Systems is extremely desired.
- Experience with Charging Cables and Battery Modules is a plus
- Must have knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical design and manufacturing processes.
- Must demonstrate ability to gather, organize, and present a Commodity or Supply Chain Strategy.
- Must have ability to interface and communicate up/down the origination.
- Demonstrate ability and experience presenting to Leadership.
- Will be responsible for interfacing with Business, Sales, Supply Chain, and Engineering.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.