Responsible for SEC filings and providing guidance to plant controllers on implementing new accounting pronouncements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Prepares SEC filings including Form 10-Q’s, Form 10-K’s and Form 8-K’s.
· Works with external legal counsel in the preparation of SEC filings.
· Researches new accounting pronouncements to determine how they impact Jabil.
· Works with the plant controllers to ensure they are handling transactions in accordance with US GAAP and to provide guidance on how to implement new accounting pronouncements.
· Researches complex one-off type transactions to ensure they are being handled properly from an accounting perspective.
· Maintains the books for international tax entities.
· Consolidates certain key general ledger information from all plants.
· Coordinates certain audit work with the external auditors.
· Assists with the purchase accounting valuations for new acquisitions.
· Coordinates with the plants to obtain the consolidated reporting package for year-end reporting.
· Research accounting issues for executive management.
· Training other employees both within and outside the department.
· Must be analytical and knowledgeable in accounting procedures and practices and be capable of working independently with general supervision from the Finance & Administration Director.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3-5 years experience in public accounting or private industry with similar responsibilities. Master’s degree is preferred, but not required. CPA license is required. Strong analytical expertise, attention to detail and organization, excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to handle multiply tasks simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.