- The Quality Engineer assists in development and implementation of quality plans, programs and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts and analyses. Ensures that performance and product quality conform to established company, customer and regulatory requirements. Assists in the review, analysis and reporting on quality discrepancies related to assembly and process. May investigate problems and recommend disposition, modification and corrective action for recurring or non-recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Provide technical support during the NPI process in ensuring that from a Healthcare/Medical device perspective that all FDA, QSR, & MDD standards are achieved and maintained in respect to device classifications.
- Fully competent in the application of quality engineering tools and techniques with key emphasis on validation protocols (DQ, IQ, OQ, & PQ), cGMP, PFMEA’s & support the generation of DMF’s where appropriate.
- Uses scrap reduction methodologies and process capability analysis to provide a robust defect free process.
- Individual with an experienced background in sterilisation, automation, equipment/software validation.
- Individual with an experienced background in manufacturing within controlled environments.
- Individual shall support the external & internally Quality Management System auditing function (auditor trained).
- Individual shall have exposure & involvement in supporting the CAPA system.
- Close liaison and networking with other departments, to provide and drive quality inputs and initiatives into the overall operational activities of the company.
- Support the implementation of Company Policies and GMP.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Root cause problem solving approach in a team environment.
- Aligning customer specification to JABIL capabilities.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Degree in Engineering / Science (Mechanical / Electronics / Chemistry) discipline.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Quality Engineering role.
- Fully competent in Quality Management Standards.
- Excellent Leadership skills, ability to motivate team members within the organisation. (Energetic & enthusiastic individual).
- Excellent organisation, communication, computer & presentation skills.
- Excellent initiative, decision making and be able to work in a core team environment.
- Solution driven with emphasis on performance and results.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.