Develops new engineering designs ranging from basic to high complexity. Develops and communicates technical solutions to other engineers and business personnel, relying on experience and understanding of their field and acting independently except in the most complex cases. Drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and validates embedded hardware design applications of a complex nature.
- Independently develops embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Designs all aspects of electronical circuits with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and architecture and translates them into design specifications.
- Independently assembles prototypes and validates proper functionality
- Works with and manages external component suppliers/manufacturers
- Communicates complex technical aspects of a project effectively to customers, and collects incorporates feedback into design specifications.
- Identifies design innovations and potential patentable solutions.
- Collaborates on embedded Firmware design.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge (with limited complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge with limited complexity projects that have required one of more of Electical Engineering Design specializations or competencies:Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Demonstrated use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Lead others in some aspects of technical tasks
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Participates in cross-functional design reviews and can lead some aspects of EE design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years experience in embedded hardware design or other key competency
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Preferred background with:
- Schematic capture in Cadence and/or Altium tools
- Writing and interpreting board level or system level requirements, specifications, and test plans
- Working with embedded firmware developers to bring up, integrate and test new hardware
- Tracking and troubleshooting new hardware defects and driving root cause analysis and design corrections
- Input, maintain, and release design data in PLM system.
- Circuit simulation skills
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.