The Senior Machinery & Equipment Engineer is responsible for design, installation, validation, and optimization of automated manufacturing equipment and processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess needs, create specifications, and implement automated solutions for high speed/volume manufacturing equipment
- Write and execute validation documents (IQ, OQ, PQ, PV) compliant with Jabil procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Plan, execute, and communicate status of assigned projects
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interact with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, and Sterilization SMEs as needed to understand equipment and process requirements
- Work with Business Unit Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, and other key departments through the development and validation of manufacturing equipment
- Create and maintain engineering documentation associated with computer and control systems
- Extensive understanding of automated manufacturing equipment control systems (Electromechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and motion)
- Strong hands-on electromechanical troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with networked equipment and components including SCADA, CMMS, and MES systems
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Equipment Lifecycle Management in a 21 CFR Part 820 environment
- ISO 13849; machine safety design and implementation
- Commissioning and validation of automated manufacturing equipment
- Technical writing in a regulated environment
Education & Experience Requirements
- Technical degree: Electrical Engineering preferred
- 7+ years industrial experience, preferably in a regulated industry
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.