The Senior EHS Specialist is responsible for coordinating, implementing, improving and verifying programs that support our environmental, health and safety systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages programs that support Jabil’s environmental and safety goals. Areas of responsibility may include accidents, emergency response, hazardous communications, radiation safety, industrial trucks, personal protective equipment, exposure assessment, job hazard analysis, process safety review, machine guarding, hazardous energy isolation, air pollution, waste water management, water pollution control, environmental sustainability, hazardous waste, DOT hazardous materials rules, or other areas regulated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration.
- Maintains recordkeeping systems
- Conducts training in all Environmental, Health, & Safety topics
- Conducts inspections and audits and recognizes hazards
- Participates in and leads emergency responses and addresses employee Environmental, Health, & Safety concerns
- Implements Environmental, Health, & Safety measures, programs, and procedures
- Maintains metrics and KPIs, prepares technical reports, performs sampling and monitoring, and issue hot work permits and confined space permits.
- Develops and maintains programs to support regulatory requirements and Jabil goals, by:
- Analyzing federal, state and local legal requirements and developing programs to support compliance
- Ensuring persons involved in programs are competent and addresses issues to increase compliance and conformance with company expectations
- Documenting programs by writing, revising and maintaining work instructions, procedures, visual aids
- Maintaining records of program as required by law and internal procedures
- Determining effectiveness of programs through the collection and analysis of data and developing and implementing corrective actions based upon analysis
- Prepares reports for submission to Corporate or regulatory bodies
- Inspects and audits for compliance
- Interacts with internal and external customers, including facilitating government inspections, and providing information to government inquiries
- Integrates all activities into the environmental, and health and safety management systems, monitoring recordkeeping and reporting
- Develops solutions to environmental or safety concerns
- Serves as a subject matter technical resource to all levels of the organization in assigned area
- Supports unassigned EHS programs as necessary
- Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to read and write a variety of correspondences, reports, policies and procedure manuals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform and review engineering calculations, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, capable of managing multiple projects, has strong training and interpersonal skills. Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to manage multiple projects and assignments on a routine basis.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to implementation.
- Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.