Under general supervision, provides leadership in the technical support to the manufacturing organization to ensure adherence to assembly procedures, on-going quality and efficiency, success of new product introductions and prototype production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides primary liaison support between engineering and manufacturing for the transfer of customer documents to manufacturing process.
· Provides technical leadership to manufacturing personnel.
· Interprets assembly drawings. Works with production assemblers to create assembly work instructions.
· Aids engineering in determining tools and processes required for assembly.
· Establishes routing requirements, standards and data entry into QM Module.
· Implements correct status entry into SAP.
· Provides "Train The Trainer" training for manufacturing processes and equipment.
· Assists in the transition of new products and prototypes to the manufacturing floor for specific equipment lines.
· Review labor standards for re-costing/re-pricing. Assists in providing labor quotes.
· Assists in up-front planning for creation of assembly work instructions.
· Assists in implementation of ECO, ECR, BOM and Problem Feedback into manufacturing.
· Order stencils per Jabil Circuit design guidelines.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.