Entry Requirements: Leaving Certificate (or equivalent), Grade 06 at ordinary level in 5 subjects 2 of which must be maths and a language (English or Irish). This criteria does not apply to over 23’s but all applicants will follow company and SOLAS recruitment procedures.
On successful completion of the Polymer Technology Apprentice program the details of the Injection Moulding Technican are below:
- Provides technical support and leadership on production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing moulding processes.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Oversight for Injection moulding process start up, process monitoring during running and shutdown in a safe manner to achieve production targets for quality product (customer volume, yield, scrap and material cost).
- Take ownership for process escalations for injection moulding to ensure action is taken to troubleshoot & resolve issues in a timely manner using systematic approach to ‘root cause’ problem solving.
- Ensure tool set-up & changeover activities are optimised to meet production targets.
- Support process engineer in the development of new processes set up, Proof of concept & validation runs for existing and new production & prototype tools.
- Ensure completion and accuracy of required documentation in the manufacturing area from all operation team supporting injection moulding.
- Support continuous improvement projects using ‘Decoupled’ process & lean tools to optimise injection moulding performance and improve reliability.
- Ensure personnel are distributed as per planning from Team Leader / Shift Manager.
- Ownership for updating the visual area board, shift handover meeting and operational workbook- assuming responsibilities of Team Leader / Shift Manager when necessary.
- Work with quality personnel to rectify any issues promptly.
- Comply with the EHS & cGMP policies and procedures, leading safety audits, 5S & cGMP activities online.
- Where appropriate support the development of documentation, training and work instruction activities within injection moulding. Support cross training of personnel across Injection moulding programmes site wide. Ensure skills & knowledge gained through JABIL Process training are applied consistently.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Excellent IT, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Capable of running injection moulding equipment & completion of accurate documentation.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good mechanical & process aptitude.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.