Intern will assist the department or project manager in providing support to that area. In addition, they may be assigned specific projects either as part of, or in addition to, the day-to-day activities related to the assignment. The intern will:
- Gain valuable knowledge pertaining to policies, practices, and processes, associated with production of Medical Devices, through completion of web based and instructor led training.
- Gain direct experience with primary machining processing including CNC milling, CNC turning and forming of titanium, stainless steel, and polymer implants.
- Gain experience with design of tooling, work holding and job aids.
- Gain exposure to and participate in Quality and Compliance related activities including Non-conformance investigation and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) investigations and root cause analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carryout to completion specific projects assigned by the Project or Department Manager.
- Flexible work schedule given potential deadlines
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Project or Department Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree majoring in assigned discipline/department related field.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 25%
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this job. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description does not imply or cannot be considered as part of an employment contract. Jabil Circuit, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.