Performs complex inspection procedures on all types of circuit boards (medium to large, complex double-sided) and assemblies to ensure quality levels are met at pre-ship and at the final stages of production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Makes intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance with quality standards.
· Verifies correct machine set-up prior to running assemblies.
· Selects and reads appropriate documentation from a broad range of reference materials.
· Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
· Applies knowledge of electrical principles and interpretation of Jabil Quality Control Standards in determining pass/fail of inspected part or assembly.
· Accesses customer quality inspection systems via computer, communicates with customer regarding inspection and quality issues, and conducts Post Pack Audits and Direct Fulfillment in-process Inspections.
· Determines cause and effect of defects, and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
· Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action.
· Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
· Trains other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
· Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.