PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. YOU MUST BE ON-SITE EVERYDAY IN SALT LAKE CITY, UT.
Support the business work cells by receiving and interpreting product-related information from the customer (internal or external) to perform the technical activities that occur once an ECN package is released to Jabil that must be completed before the product build can occur or be scheduled. The role requires the engineer to direct teams within Planning, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations and Testing to complete risk and cost impact analysis to Jabil bottom line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the work cell’s functional expert for all change management related systems and tools.
- Support work cell team members in typical and advanced questions related to engineering change.
- Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing systems including upgrades to current systems.
- Lead effective work cell team meetings to perform the upfront risk assessment and validation planning resulting in risk mitigation and validation actions, owners, and due dates.
- Evaluate and monitor the current change management processes and tools to determine their ability to meet the work cell’s business needs and timelines as requested by customer.
- Assist in the testing, validation, and rollout processes for new functionality, to include plant level training.
- Stopping the change’s implementation and escalating if assigned risk mitigation and validation actions are not completed.
- Integrate BOM from customer to SAP for accurate execution within shop floor control systems deployed by Jabil.
- Provide weekly reports for compliance for ECN related to business units to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering with over 5 years of experience in related field; or master’s in engineering with over 3 years of work experience in a related industry. The candidate should be proficient in Autocad design and reading drawing prints. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is desirable.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) along with knowledge of ERP systems as SAP, Oracle.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Proficiency in Autocad to be able to read, draw and interpret drawings and dimensions.
- Knowledge of AQP process, PFMEA, QRQC and QRAP along with 8D for problem resolution.
- Use of statistical software like JMP and or Minitiab is highly recommended.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Working knowledge of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 15 lbs. Be accessible to production floor, attendance at meetings with indirect and direct team members, supervisors, management and customers. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Must be able to travel approximately 20% of the time. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.