Performs measurement, calibration and validation tasks to support Quality, Engineering and Production metrology requirements.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following)
• Oversees instrument calibration system, performs measurement, GR&R and related calibration tasks.
• Inspects, measures and tests components per blueprint and Product Plan requirements or from engineering sketches, generates data summaries and reports.
• Monitors data using applicable software.
•Works with Metrology Engineer or QE to maintain and update control limits in SPC files. Create new SPC and/or PFF files as needed.
• Uses optical comparator, CMM, Vision System, caliper, micrometer, drop indicator, surface plate and other applicable measuring equipment.
• Works with Metrology Engineer, Metrology Technician, QE and Quality Manager to ensure effective development and implementation of the Product Plans.
• Supports Metrology Engineer in performing GR&R, updating data collection files and creating reports.
• Creates applicable work instructions and provides training as needed.
• Assist Metrology Engineer with Corrective and Preventive Actions.
• Reviews BHR data for correctness, accuracy, data trends and shifts.
• Participates in process validation activities.
• Works from written and verbal instructions
• Performs data entry tasks as required.
• Provides coverage for In-process inspection and testing.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Helps direct Inspectors on priorities and leads pass downs between day and night shifts.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed based on the requirements of the department.
• High school diploma required
• 5+ years related experience and/or training in the metrology or inspection areas.
• Experience with typical metrology equipment such as calipers, micrometers and computer controlled gauging equipment.
• Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedures.
• General knowledge of CMMs and PCDMIS software.
• Working knowledge of calibration and GRRs.
• General knowledge of process control charts, process capability studies and other statistical analysis applications.
• Ability to precisely and accurately complete documentation requirements.
• Working knowledge of computers, experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent organizational skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.