Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups, regarding issues affecting supplier manufactured product procured by Jabil. The Supplier Quality Engineer will provide overall quality assurance and engineering leadership of contract manufacturing and raw material suppliers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review all supplier or customer discrepancies. To include investigating, dispositioning nonconformances for Supplier Product and coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Provide trend analysis of defects occurring at the customer, supplier and internally.
- Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable.
- Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Develop and maintain QA plans and process routings, which reflect intended/actual activities.
- Provide support for supplier activities by participation in initial process design, new product introduction development, and implementation phases.
- Evaluate and support inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
- Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures with special regard to ISO, EN4600 and GMP documentation.
- Monitor supplier activities and provide technical and logistical guidance/support for the quality engineering staff as applicable.
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
- Support and focus corrective action efforts and utilizing the SPC data and corrective action tracking package and create and implement any meetings, procedures, or team-building concepts as necessary as part of the corrective/preventative effort.
- Serve as liaison between Jabil and suppliers or customers on quality related issues.
- Improve technical support for the quality organization.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor's degree required, and two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $52,888 - $76,600 - $100,422. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.