Jabil is seeking to hire an experienced labor & employment paralegal. This position will be a key member of Jabil’s global Labor & Employment legal team. Provides legal support to Attorneys, acts as a key internal point-of-contact and subject matter expert, participates in various projects and initiatives to improve resources and increase efficiencies. Stays abreast of evolving requirements to ensure proactive alignment of policies, procedures, processing, filing and other work standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of Jabil’s Global Labor & Employment attorneys, functions of this position include:
- Claims, demands, disputes, and litigation (global) – assist with intake, support and administer Labor & Employment dispute resolution process and tracking, initiate and manage legal holds, gather and preserve information, coordinate discovery, manage subpoena responses and records requests, identify and brief legal risks and issues, support corrective action and remediation plans, make recommendations and appropriately consult with legal counsel, and assist with responses to EEOC / government claims.
- Reductions in Force / Reorganizations (global) – support and coordinate processes, conduct related legal research, draft separation agreements, WARN notices and other applicable documents, maintain project trackers, drive process improvements, identify risks and provide recommendations and appropriately consult with legal counsel.
- Investigations (global) – support Labor & Employment investigations globally, working in collaboration with Human Resources and legal partners, manage and coordinate all non-attorney-directed investigations, help develop, manage, and provide training, reporting, metrics, process improvements and templates, identify risks and issues, make recommendations, consult with legal counsel.
- Legal Research (global) – perform and coordinate research as needed.
- Coordination of Legal Advice for Assigned Subject Matters – gather background information, conduct research, identify risks and issues, make recommendations, escalate to internal counsel as appropriate.
- Separation Agreements (global) – support, administer and prepare templates and versions, recommend process improvements.
- Policies (global) – assist with drafting, general counseling, and interpretation, identify risks, recommend mitigation and improvements, drive policy projects.
- Training (global) – help develop and implement training.
- Matter Management – open new matters, manage outside counsel support, track progress on open matters and review invoices.
- Project Management – manage global L&E projects as assigned.
- Manage other projects as needed.
- Significant US labor & employment and litigation paralegal experience.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments.
- Ability and desire to learn and work on global matters.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to create practical, business-oriented solutions and influence key outcomes.
- Highest level of integrity and trust.
- Flexible mindset suited to a dynamic, fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Good sense of humor.
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary.
- Role may require occasional travel inside and outside the United States.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- 5-10 years of experience working as a paralegal required
- Experience working in both law firm and in-house settings is a plus
- Experience working on labor and employment matters in multiple US states is a plus
- Experience working on international labor and employment matters is a plus
- Fluency in a second language, such as Spanish or Mandarin, is a plus
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.