At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Assists in translating business strategy into work programs and processes for an assigned customer account(s) (Business Unit). May provide guidance to lower-level positions while gaining extensive knowledge and skills through education and experience to manage a customer relationship. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Trains and gathers knowledge and experience to qualify for future Business Unit Manager opportunities within 2-3 years, depending upon business need.
· Manages a piece of the customer relationship (e.g., new product introduction, product line, transferring business to another Jabil site, materials management, etc.) through direct interaction with customers.
· Prepares materials for Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
· Prepares commercial claims (e.g. excess and obsolete materials).
· Contributes to the forecast & variance process in Company’s financial system.
· Assists the Business Unit Managers in day to day business needs and workcell management.
· Supports Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process.
· Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
· Provides indirect leadership to more junior positions on team (e.g., Customer Service Administrators, etc.)
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Displays potential for developing leadership skills with ability to move into a higher level role, i.e., Business Unit Manager
· Solid project management skills.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· One (1) to three (3) years work-related experience required, preferably in Financial or Manufacturing Operations fields.
· Willingness to begin study in an MBA or equivalent degree program within two (2) to three (3) years preferred.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.