Develops, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, modifies and installs programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned)
- Write programs that involve formatted output and basic reporting.
- Prepare technical specifications and test plans.
- Develop/maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information.
- Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
- Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
- Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
- Participate in roll out and on time delivery of developed applications.
- Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
- Design Review Committee (DRC)
- Security Review Committee (SRC)
- DevOps Tasks
- Classes and Methods documentation
- Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
- Email responses for customer (BSAs, Internal customers)
- Weekly Status
- Stan up daily meeting in SCRUM
- Communicate on time risk on commitments to internal customer and your manager.
- Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems. Recommend/conduct training.
- Serve as escalation point for troubleshooting issues even out of regular working hours.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Take mandatory trainings and commitments
- Workday trainings
- Cloud trainings (AWS, Azure)
- IT Training Matrix (Pluralsight)
- Corporate trainings
- Security Trainings
- Upload always on time “Time Sheet”
- Follow the Coding standards defined in “GTP IT Development” SharePoint
- Follow the Deployment procedure defined in “GTP IT Development” SharePoint
- Follow the RACI defined in “GTP IT Development” SharePoint
Ability to write code under the following coding languages:
- .Net Framework (Intermediate - Advanced)
- Angular (Basic – Intermediate)
- HTML (Strong)
- SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgresSQL, etc.)
- ORM such as Entity Framework, Hibernate, etc. (Is a plus)
Ability to write UML Diagrams for design applications and processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent external work experience or equivalent formal training in related duties. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision using PC monitor, and reading of a variety of materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area. Noise level in employee’s primary workstation is usually low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.