Plans, directs, and coordinates the operations of productions, machinery, processing, and packaging departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements
· Manage the hiring activities as per workcell business forecast outlook
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis
· Coach and mentor all Workcell Leaders.to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer
· Create and manage succession plans for all Workcell Leaders
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational goals
WORKCELL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions
· Define, develop, and implement a Manufacturing strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions
· Report best practices with other workcell’s to drive campus wide improvements
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality)
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
· Take ownership of relevant manufacturing pieces of JOS tools like QRQC & LPA as applicable to workcell
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to communicate to higher management all key business and operations topics
· Ability to coach, mentor and management of training curriculum in the area of responsibility
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum of eight years related experience and/or training
· Five years’ experience in a manufacturing supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 3 years of workcell management experience
· Management of complex multi-customer workcell and/or big mono-customer workcell
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.