At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Provide equipment and process support (including machine maintenance) to medical device reprocessing lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform ‘as-required’ preventive maintenance of equipment on assigned line(s).
- Maintain and repair all equipment on assigned line(s).
- Determine when necessary machine repairs are needed and perform out-of-cycle maintenance.
- Perform initial diagnosis equipment on assigned line(s) and execute repairs within skill level. Escalate more complex issues to Manufacturing Engineers and provide assistance as needed to accomplish repairs.
- Assist Production Operators on assigned line(s) by providing ongoing education of operation and failures as needed.
- Collaborate with other technicians as needed.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in achieving optimum process performance by measuring and / or optimizing of performance of equipment, monitoring trends, gathering production feedback.
- Provide recommendations for designing, fabricating and/or modifying necessary tooling, and product design for manufacturability (DFM) improvements.
- Observe machine and determine the necessary steps needed to achieve optimum line efficiency and product quality.
- Monitor defect analysis continuously for tracking and gauging equipment and process performance.
- Provide daily ‘pass-down’ reports to Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and the other technicians on the following shift.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by manager.
- Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree preferred plus minimum of three to five years related experience
- Understanding of electronic circuitry, controllers and data, recorders, temperature, PLC and previous fabrication assembly and test experience
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and interpretation of electrical and hydraulic drawings.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, and computer systems troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical Industry experience with FDA and ISO environment preferred
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.