At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Supervise a team of Quality Engineers in a manufacturing environment, ensuring execution of best practices with the use of quality tools and leadership skills in all areas of the Quality Assurance function, with primary focus on manufacturing operations, inspection, and new product introductions.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit and interview Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians based on changing business needs.
- Coach Quality Engineers/Technicians in the interviewing/hiring process.
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key team factors that can be improved; implement improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Quality Engineering staff to deliver excellence in all areas of the Quality Assurance function.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Quality Engineering Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of internal teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Management of assigned projects and tasks such as New Product Development, Cost Improvement projects, and Value Propositions.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction
- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
- Provide regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to Assistant Test Engineering Manager on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Day to Day activities of a team of Quality Engineers supporting manufacturing operations.
- Participate in planning long term/short term functions of the department to support manufacturing operations.
- Manage Quality Department operational metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Evaluate/schedule/prepare training activities.
- Recruit, lead, coach, manage, Quality Engineering Department staff.
- Understand & follow site safety policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility and actively promote a safety culture.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of Quality Engineering support for value stream processes.
- Study the effectiveness of inspection activities.
- Recommend and evaluate inspection gauges and test equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis for product defects and quality processes.
- Provide Quality and Manufacturing technical support for component, product and process validations, and New Product Introductions.
- Establish and maintain appropriate documentation as required for Quality Systems activities.
- Participate in Customer Complaint investigation process.
- Support Nonconformance & CAPA investigations and actions to determine root cause and corrective actions as needed.
- Support day to day JOS model through attendance at CAC, TIC, MIC and QIC meetings and the timely closure of assigned actions.
- Provide support to the team in Root Cause Analysis of supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D, A3, and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Perform Statistical Analysis, including: ANOVA, DOE, Weibull, GR&R, Capability, FMEA, and TMVs as required.
- Participate in validation process for manufacturing processes, gauges, inspection equipment, software and computerized systems as required.
- Prepare written protocols as necessary.
- Provide leadership to QS organization through continuous improvement & cost reduction projects.
- Interface with manufacturing area and other support groups to ensure department objectives are met.
- Participate and support with Internal / External Quality / Regulatory Audit process.
- Adhere to the site’s EHS Code of Conduct.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
Key Candidate Attributes:
- Proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the Quality Assurance function.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and mechanical inspection processes.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, including GD/T.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong and convincing communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functional team members.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Ability to develop talent.
- Ability to lead people in a technical environment and holding people accountable for performance to established goals and objectives.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or applied science, or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Quality Assurance in the medical device industry or similar preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience with Supervision in a technical role.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.