At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
- This position is responsible for identifying, inspecting, testing and packaging catheters.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Inspect catheters & cables using a microscope as needed
- Accurately identify catheters & cables by part number, and print and apply barcodes
- Functionally test catheters & cables as required
- Package and label catheters & cables while maintaining job integrity
- Experience using a ruler for measurements
- Must be able to tolerate the smell of silicone
- Locate Work Instructions (Protocols) in the computer
- Keep in compliance of safety measures including the use of gowns, gloves and PPE
- Ability to work, in other areas of production
- Able to work overtime as needed (including mandatory weekend overtime)
- Conduct associate training within the department as required
- Able to locate identification books for each device type
- Verify job number on traveler with job number on device labels
- Meet or exceed all quality and productivity expectations
- Committed to building a positive culture
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
- TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies & procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies & procedures . Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as environmental health & safety
- SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter the work area
Job Specifications: The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Familiar with MES or New Critical Manufacturing System
- Basic knowledge of FDA and ISO regulations preferred
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with diverse people and to promote teamwork/collaboration
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Familiar with Excel
- Must have excellent hand and eye coordination/dexterity
- Ability to learn quickly and to identify, logically analyze, and solve work related problems
- Ability to learn overall understanding of process flow and resources within the organization
- Ability to maintain high work standards and concern for the quality of work; to work reliably and responsibly to improve daily
- Ability to read, write, count and understand English
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
Physical Requirements Needed to Perform Position Functions
- Lift/carry up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Push/pull up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 20 lbs occasionally.
- Bend up to 30 degrees occasionally and twist/turn frequently.
- Occasional overhead reaching, stand/walk continuously and rotate positions frequently.
- Torqueing/crimping, grasping-light, out-stretched arms, and keystrokes with both hands.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.