At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Test Engineer SME I will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Test Engineer SME I will adopt as its goal’s profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as the Site Test Engineering Subject Matter Expert for test area assigned.
• Support other Engineers in questions that may arise and help resolve them.
• Coordinate and facilitate training for the plant in terms of new hires, new functionality, and upgrades.
• Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing process, including upgrades to process.
• Provide support to the users and the department Principal Engineer.
• Ensuring the established process is followed diligently
• Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert to implement Jabil best practices in the site.
• Lead as Site Subject Matter Expert in all global & regional TE systems/tools and applications
• Carry out methodical machine/tester and process evaluations.
• Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
• Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
• Support Site when there is audits and customer visits
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes (i.e. elimination of non - value added factors).
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
• Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
• Communicate to regional team key Test Engineering metrics for assigned customer(s) and Site
• Support & Advise Business Unit Coordinators on test process reliability and accuracy of process and project assumptions
• Drive process improvement related activities for New Product Introduction.
• Coach, mentor, and train engineers within the Test Engineering team
• Ensure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
• Communicate, consult, and inform Site TE’s best practices with supporting data to Regional and Global TE teams
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr Test Engineering Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of test engineering tools (i.e. test measurement tool, simulation, test equipment, structural test, debug, functional test, evaluations, etc.)
o Structural know how: ICT, AOI, AXI & FP
o Debug know how: Read Circuitry schematic, understand component datasheet, debug tools/equipment & hardware spec.
o Functional know how: Tester structure, Product architecture
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong technical and analytical ability
o Proven record of accomplishment of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of test engineering standards & requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 8 years of working experience in the Test Engineering or related field
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.