At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Technical Writer will assist in the development and revision of the company’s procedures, reference material, training material, and validation documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to review, develop, and maintain procedures, work instructions, and training manuals.
- Write validation documents to include IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and engineering studies
- Own the change control process for technical documentation from creation to release.
- Review, design and determine the effectiveness of departmental procedure manuals. Recommend changes or revisions and methods for improvement of manuals based on learning objectives.
- Select or develop training aids, training handbooks, demonstration models, visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and teamwork, be punctual and dependable.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and members of the Operations and Engineering staff.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write complex and sensitive correspondence.
- Ability to exercise judgement, initiative, and determine the path forward in new or ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- 6+ years of technical writing and operations experience in a 21 CFR Part 820 or other regulated environment
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.