At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or network-based cloud product systems. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. This is an expert-level role requiring independent action to establish methods and procedures on new and/or special assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know and understand Jabil business strategy
- Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
- Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
- Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
- Consult and Inform Enterprise Architects and Senior IT Architects to design and deliver solutions
- Earn trust of clients and management
- Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
- Learn, follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
- Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery, availability, and performance
- Researches technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
- Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
- Develop expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
- Mentor IT professionals
- Develop project plans and influence project organization
- Apply recognized system sizing methodology
- Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
- Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
- Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
- Define management tools to support production environment
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
- Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development
- Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
- Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets
- Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
- Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
- Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff
- Develop peer relationships with Senior IT Architects
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to management.
- The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Understanding of all architectural components and their interrelationships
- Knowledge of Software Engineering and Architectural Principles and methods
- Solid presentation and written communication skills
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Team lead experience in application development
- Knowledge and experience of one or more languages e.g., Java, C#, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with server-side technologies
- Knowledge and experience with client-side technologies e.g., Node, Angular
- Knowledge and experience working in an Agile methodology
- Knowledge of SOA, including REST, SOAP, API Management, and other integration patterns e.g. ESB, EIP, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of UML or ArchiMate
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a related discipline
- Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Open CA Level 1: Certified
- TOGAF 9 Foundation
- ArchiMate 3 Foundation
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead architecture, design and management oversight of industrial IoT/OT Security domain
- Lead security projects by designing, researching, proposing and implementation of new IoT/OT security controls
- Lead the industrial IoT/OT Security domain roadmap and manage related strategy and planning activities
- Provide industrial IoT/OT security consultation and oversight for customer connections and or merger and acquisitions
- Lead development and management of security standards for the industrial IoT/OT security domain
- Lead and execute project plans as authorized
- Assist PMO with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) as needed
- Maintain a relationship with key Third-Party vendors, such as software security vendors to provide support to the infrastructure as needed.
- Work closely with other IT and manufacturing functional teams to ensure cohesive support and strategies across the organization
- Provide consultation service to support new Service Requests / Intake Process
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem solving with a wide variety of client/user issues and act as an escalation point for Manufacturing Security related issues
- Knowledge and experience in designing and building security controls for both advanced and legacy manufacturing equipment
- Experience with information security OT platforms such as Claroty, Dragos OT
- Knowledge and experience with IT/OT technologies used within manufacturing facilities
- Strategic and tactical knowledge of strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance of manufacturing environments.
- Experience with OT Manufacturing Automation, MES, and PLC systems
- Knowledge and experience with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape; deep understanding of enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a multi-national environment
- Implementation and operations experience using IEC 62443 standards
- ISA/IEC 62443
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.