At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Onsite Controller for Jabil's Anaheim, CA facility. Manages the key accounting requirements of a unit/organization/small single facility by conducting internal and external accounting duties personally or through subordinates. Responsible for directing the unit/organization’s/small facility’s accounting functions, including the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, procedures, internal control, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition and manages risk by conducting or arranging audits.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and presents findings and recommendations to management.
· Complies with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, and forcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
· Oversees the utilization and practical application of information technology by assuring the company is well equipped with the appropriate hardware and software to meet production and corporate requirements.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining a prudent internal control environment.
· Trains and develops subordinate staff.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration required. Master’s degree preferred.
· SAP experience preferred.
· CPA or CMA preferred
· Minimum 5 years of related; preferably in public accounting
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.