At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Individual will design components and assemblies related to automated assembly machines. Designs will vary from welded tube frames, static tooling, robot grippers, and machine vision assemblies. Assemblies are commonly driven using pneumatic actuators or motorized stages. Sensor selection and positioning are responsibilities of mechanical designers. Engineer II will be expected to develop original concepts and be able to design from-scratch assemblies based on a required function. Engineer should be able to own product design from start to build completion, working with cross-functional teams to ensure success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design and develop sub-assemblies, components, and tooling as assigned.
· Develops and implements changes to product design and/or the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements by participating in new product development programs.
· Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s and release packages. Makes layouts of basic and complex assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
· Participates in meetings with customers.
· Assesses proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection.
· Works with assembly to trouble-shoot problems, set-ups, and process development
· Participates in product development meetings and may make recommendations to enhance functionality, manufacturing, or assembly.
· May conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
· May develop specifications, operations and maintenance manuals.
· May research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
· Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong background in machine/mechanism design
· Understanding of selection and usage of pneumatic components
· Understanding of motor selection and drive systems for motors (ball screws, linear guides)
· Has strong capability with SolidWorks
· Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques
· Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques
· Capable in troubleshooting and diagnosing root cause of issues
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.