At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Programming, troubleshooting, training, scheduling, prioritizing, planning, metric reporting and
driving continuous improvement with regards to AOI and AXI inspection equipment. Uses Automated Inspection computerized software to provide highly skilled equipment programming and equipment support for production. Monitors, resolves, and maintains systemic programming-related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs machine program back up
- Maintains and adjusts programs for all automated inspection machines
- Reports data to Engineering and Manufacturing for machine inspection programs
- Trains equipment operators and repair station operators on all automated inspection equipment
- Supports resolving program related issues including assisting off shift Machine Support
- Monitors and maintains the operation of automated inspection equipment
- Troubleshoots machine related and process-related issues
- Performs calibrations and preventive maintenance
- Maintains spare parts database, maintains stock and orders spare parts
- Assists in line move qualification process
- Cross trains with all other imaging technicians, including programming best practices, hardware maintenance and troubleshooting best practices
- Assists, investigates, and creates closed loop feedback from upstream and downstream imaging equipment
- Attends daily CAC team meetings to proactively resolve program-related problems and drive corrective action
- Provides support in the evaluation of new equipment and programming tools and assists in the preparation of proposals for equipment purchases
- Edits, debugs, and optimizes inspection programs
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Associate Degree Or technical school certificate OR equivalent
Advanced communication, reading, writing, and math skills
Advanced PC skills, including proficiency in Jabil’s software packages
Ability to read and understand blueprints, manufacturer’s drawings and component specifications
1 year of experience supporting or operating Automated Inspection equipment such as AOI and AXI equipment
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, extensive use of computer monitor and testing circuit boards
May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. moving lab equipment, bending and carrying
Primary work station is the office area, with substantial time spent each day on the manufacturing floor
Moderate exposure to noisy or dusty environments
May be required to work overtime to fulfill customer commitments
May be required to provide off-shift support by phone, computer or return to plant.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.