At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Performs complex inspection procedures on all types of products (medium to large, complex double-sided) and assemblies to ensure quality levels are met at pre-ship and at the final stages of production.
Assist in the operation of the manufacturing line while ensuring the highest quality and striving for efficiency and excellence in all endeavors while adhering to all safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following but not limited to:
- Make intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance with quality standards.
- Verifies correct machine set-up prior to running assemblies.
- Selects and reads appropriate documentation from a broad range of reference materials. Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection). Applies knowledge of Molding principles and interpretation of Jabil Quality Control Standards in determining pass/fail of inspected part or assembly.
- ·Accesses customer quality inspection systems via computer, communicates with customer regarding inspection and quality issues, and conducts Post Pack Audits and Direct Fulfillment in-process Inspections.
- Determines cause and effect of defects and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
- ·Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action. Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
- . Perform routine and repetitive inspection procedures to ensure quality levels at various stages of production. Inspect in-process and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards. Read and follow visual aides, engineering change notices, or established operating procedures, determine acceptance or rejection of product.
- · Work under close supervision of Manufacturing supervisor or another designated supervisor. Follow standardized and routine written directions and visual aids for assigned quality assurance inspection operations. Visually inspect products using magnifying glass, lot sampling methods, first article checks, and /or AOI machines. Enter standardized information into computerized system using simple keystrokes to indicate pass or failure of dimensions.
- · Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor. Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant Jabil production position or equivalent external work experience. Experience in molding and/or assembly manufacturing or related field.
Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add, subtract, two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to add or use all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to interpret SPC graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk with some light reaching and lifting up to 20 lbs. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently. Individual will be required to work 12 hours rotation shifts, three days on, four day off. Four days on then three days off per week as business requires.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.