At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
- Jabil is seeking a talented Web/Mobile Architect with experience in the latest Microsoft technologies to help us develop custom web applications. This challenging position will provide the right individual an opportunity to work with leading edge technologies to deliver custom business solutions and governing the web application framework in areas of EHS, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and IT to an international user base. Excellent environment for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals with proven architecture, design and development expertise.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 10 years of .Net web development experience using .Net Core
- Minimum 2 years of Xamarin mobile development experience
- Web application development experience with .Net, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server using Visual Studio with Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience with MVC 5 and above, Razor, JSON, REST, XML, XAML, Node.JS and Generics.
- Knowledgeable regarding Web API, SignalR, LINQ to SQL and Regular Expressions preferred
- SQL Server development experience including Stored Procedure development and optimization, indexing and tuning a plus.
- Experience with multi-lingual content management and the publishing infrastructure a plus
- Experience with Java or Open Source development a plus, XCode development
- Familiar with iOS and Android development framework and emulators
- Experience working with deployment mobile applications using Apple AppStore, Google PlayStore and Microsoft AppCenter
- Familiar with AWS particularly serverless computing AWS lambda and Microsoft Azure development will be considered as added advantage
- Experience in Agile methodology and Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment particularly with Microsoft DevOps. GIT code management.
- Knowledge on AIML or data science will be added advantage
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that web applications meet organizational policies, goals, user needs, branding and content standards, and technical requirements
- Works closely with web project teams to help them navigate requirements and approvals so they can have a successful project
- Reviews the changes and provides approval. All changes in web/mobile projects must be approved before they can be sent to QA/QC testing
- Continuous review and enhance the web/mobile application framework to accommodate and align for business and project team
- As an architect, you will develop and enhance the reuse strategies, component design, and build processes that will enable dramatic improvements in cycle time, system interoperability, and response time to cybersecurity threats.
- Able to develop a holistic view and has an overall long-term responsibility for driving the architecture and design of solutions.
- Lead and facilitate design discussions with appropriate internal Jabil IT groups.
- Drive the solution architectures of new enhancements.
- Understand Jabil’s internal production and operations processes to assess specific production readiness technical deliverables for project scope and drive their creation.
- Ability to internalize what’s happening in the external marketplace and apply that knowledge on projects.
- Work with Jabil’s internal architecture and IT groups to identify whether there are areas outside of the architectural standards and get them resolved.
- Facilitate the research and finalize alternative design options to ensure that any enhancements fit with overall business needs.
- Be the single point of contact and assess the opportunities afforded by various new projects to advance Jabil business/IT objectives.
- Ensure completion of architecture and design reviews by appropriate groups with Jabil.
- Ability to participate in the relevant audits of the projects.
- Has the overall accountability of all architecture and design deliverables.
- Ability to function as a trusted business advisor and is seasoned in orchestrating multimillion business solutions in terms of architecting, resource loading.
- Seasoned in driving “C-level” business communications.
- Extensive solution delivery experience in leading complex and large diverse technology programs:
- Understand capacity needs and performance results and ensure that these are considered for any future enhancements.
- Evaluate and review deliverables (architecture and design artifacts, code reviews) created by partners.
- Play a consulting role in developing test strategies and test plans.
- Understand and evaluate the impact of changes to roadmaps of utilized technology stack and ensure their continued deployment is in line with Jabil’s business/IT strategy; propose new technology alternatives to keep Jabil’s solutions be on the leading edge.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 10 year(s) experience in an enterprise level organization ($5B plus in size, multiple geographical locations).
- Have design experience, including knowledge of common design patterns, performance, and reliability solutions.
- Familiarity with digital platform concepts and frameworks.
- Must have knowledge and experience in cloud native technologies microservices, 12 factor app principles.
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex and ambiguous issues.
- Experience implementing SaaS solutions on public or private clouds.
- Experience with building large go-to-market platforms highly preferred.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.