At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Work as part of the architecture team to help ensure that the architecture and code are consistent by having intimate knowledge of both the code and the architecture.
Help to develop new functionality in SW by both defining it and helping in the integration to prove it functions properly.
This position allows the individual to develop a full range of SW development skills, code development, debugging, system integration and SW design. The goal is for the individual to develop the wide range of skills needed to be able to design embedded SW systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer support for Linux based embedded SW application, running on 4G/5G Radios.
- Work with internal teams (Hardware, Firmware, and Integration) to debug issues both with the SW and with the system (HW/FW/SW).
- Help to debug issues found in the development labs
- Work as part of the architecture team to help ensure that the architecture and code are consistent by having intimate knowledge of both the code and the architecture.
- Help to develop new functionality in SW by both defining it and helping in the integration to prove it functions properly
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Strong C++ including modern C++ (11,17, etc)
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to understand other people’s code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and adjust to changing priorities
- Experience with embedded development and debugging
- Linux kernel development: Yocto build environment
- Experience in multi-threaded development
- Communication protocols and tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
• 0 - 2 years of experience in a product development
It is highly desirable for the candidate to be able to work 1 to 2 days per week in our Warren, New Jersey facility. Note that Jabil does not have an official Warren, NJ location: we are a satellite location remote from our St. Petersburg, FL headquarters
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.