At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries and end-markets, such as automotive, consumer lifestyle and wearable tech, defense and aerospace, connected home and building, industrial and energy, enterprise and infrastructure, healthcare, mobility, packaging and printing.
Jabil is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will directly contribute to the transformative growth within our Enterprise and Infrastructure division by applying unique and innovative approaches to solving problems of server solutions for our customers. You will be responsible for contributing to the end-to-end definition, development and POC validation of server and rack level solutions spanning multiple customers and manufacturing regions. You will also be responsible for interfacing with customers, sales, marketing, CTO, and product engineering teams to ensure your deliverables meet the creative solutioning and optimal performance expected of our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a trusted advisor to our sales team and customers regarding server and rack solutions with an emphasis on application, storage and networking performance.
- Conducts system-level testing and debug of servers, server solutions intended for customer proof of concept and validation support.
- Responsible for customer escalation support. Includes but is not limited to issue triage/technical resolution, supplier coordination/management and critical bug fix releases.
- Responsible for performing maintenance releases. Includes but not limited to technology transitions, continuity of supply additions, non-critical bug fixes and market approved vendor list additions.
- Constantly researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
- Domestic and/or International travel, up to 5%, may be required.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Engineering Services Manager
- Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Expertise with the architecture, design and configuration and deployment of server, storage and networking systems.
- Working knowledge of server products including embedded remote management standards, interfaces and applications.
- Expertise into all aspects of server and storage system performance, including raw, synthetic and application proxy workloads, performance analysis, debug and optimization from the device to the application level.
- Facilitation of test results databases and visualization technologies to enable rapid decision making and conclusions.
- Expertise with Linux operating systems, related applications and script development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BSEE, BSCS or equivalent
- 8+ years of related engineering experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a multi-site and multi-cultural environments.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced and ambiguous business environment.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.