At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Lead Quality Technician works under limited supervision, partnering with Manufacturing, Quality and Quality Engineering to continuously improve the quality performance and ensure compliance with quality standards. Performs measurement and validation tasks to support Production and Quality requirements. Trains department personnel in the proper use and interpretation of quality plans, and reviews and analyzes daily quality performance to identify, contain, control and improve quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs a variety of quality control test/inspections and complex analyses of raw materials, packaging materials and/or finished products from manufacturing to ensure quality standards and compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
• Performs a variety of complex qualitative or quantitative tests on samples, and to aid in maintenance and certification of test instruments and apparatus to ensure compliance.
• Trains new inspectors regarding policies, procedures, inspection techniques. Monitors performance and institutes corrective action when necessary.
• Assures gauges are within the current calibration cycle and are properly used and stored. Arranges for repair of gauges.
• Participates in design of experiments and process capability studies.
• Reviews Statistical Process Control (SPC) data. Maintains integrity of SPC data by correcting input errors, maintaining control limits, and creating new files, and retraining as needed.
• Analyzes data and writes summaries to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
• Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new standards, methods and procedures.
• Assists supervisor in prioritizing flow of work by coordinating the activities and daily work of employees of lower level quality maintenance and quality technicians based on productions schedules.
• Prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
• Performs product and process audits.
• Participates in mold qualification/validation process
• Conducts start-ups in accordance with inspection criteria.
• May inspect, measure, and test parts in accordance with blueprints, product plan requirements or engineering sketches.
• May plan, coordinate and perform layout inspection, process capability measurements and in-process inspection measurements.
• Responsible for recording bar code transaction using Worldwide Bar Code System.
• May oversee instrument calibration system, performs measurements and related calibration tasks.
• Ensures documentation and procedures are in compliance with customer specifications, industry standards and standard operating procedures.
• Works with all QA and Manufacturing personnel to achieve regulatory compliance.
• Maintain files for batch history records (BHR). Review BHR’s for completeness and accuracy. Fills out lot history closeout/Batch Release form. Work and follow up as needed with shipping to complete necessary information on Certificates of Compliance/analysis for product shipments.
• Maintains workflow, ensuring availability of proper materials.
• Maintains employee time and activity records
• Observes employees in assigned work area ensuring all housekeeping, health and safety regulations are followed.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy and company safety and quality programs.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Plant Payroll Manager
• Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• General knowledge of blue prints, engineering specifications interpretation, inspection using measuring and test equipment, SPC software and measurement techniques, geometric dimensioning and tolerance and quality calibration processes required.
• General knowledge of process control charts, process capability studies and other statistical analysis applications.
• Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred.
• Minimum six years related experience in inspection, injection molding, metrology, machine shop operations or similar industry/environment and/or training
• Experience certifying typical metrology equipment such as calipers, micrometers and computer controlled gauging equipment.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.