At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Process Development Engineer II will be responsible to develop and/or optimize manufacturing processes on specific production machines and be the technical expert for the machine. The candidate will develop, manage, and implement relevant manufacturing solutions ensuring that Jabil production meeting cost, quality and throughput requirements. The candidate will be involved with DFX feedback to customers and internal designers; setup, optimize, and qualifies custom manufacturing machines and processes; and support manufacturing equipment and processes in mass production. Considered a subject matter expert who can utilizes best practices, knowledge, and experience to analyze information and make data driven decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Become the primary development engineer for assigned processes.
· Coordinate design requirements with appropriate personnel.
· Evaluate test data to determine limits and variables for process or material specifications.
· Resolve manufacturing problems on assigned processes or machines.
· Investigate equipment automation technology for development of new processes.
· Help manage project tasks and activities to meet project schedule and budget goals.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
· Demonstrated process development on different types of materials and processes.
· Knowledge and background in nondestructive testing.
· Experience in a manufacturing, capital equipment setting is a plus.
· Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
· Statistical analysis skills with manufacturing processes.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Team player.
· Familiarity with any of the following: optics, image sensor and/or electronics manufacturing knowledge, adhesive properties & material evaluation, DFX, PFMEA, precision automation.
· Experience with statistical analysis tools (i.e. Minitab).
· Knowledge of Six Sigma/SPC methods.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Robotics, or similar fields.
· 5+ years of related experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.