At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Project Engineering Lead is a Sr position in Project Management who will be responsible for running large and high complexity projects, including planning and issue resolution.
Will ensure that all programs / projects follow the standard procedures and governance used in the management and deployment of projects.
Contributes to and demonstrates a solid understanding of project vision and roadmap.
Maintain awareness of cross product/project synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with business unit leaders to develop project and program resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities
· Drives most effective execution plans of projects within the division
· Work with Project/program Managers to review, monitor project health
· Establish, implement and follow up on metrics that measure project performance
· Determine the project health by measuring the variance in scope, schedule, cost and quality from the respective baselines
· Resource usage tracking and ensure the optimized usage of resources
· Ensure accurate status reporting of all projects and programs
· Ensure measureable metrics are developed for the project, and that they align to the program
· Work within the defined standards and procedures as set out by Jabil and the customer to successfully delivery the projects
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
· Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· Maintain grade and quality of milestones / deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements
· Implement engagement model with key stakeholders to manage expectations, drive decision making, resolve issues, and course correct (as necessary) to meet program goals
· Solicits ongoing feedback from Business Units, peers and customers
· May oversee the direction of multiple projects managed directly by Project Managers, across BUs
· Work with Product/Application Owners to secure and align cross-functional, cross-BUs delivery teams to deliver projects
· Manage dependencies across projects within the portfolio and with other portfolios
· Manage stakeholder communication regarding release plans and release deliveries for the portfolio
· Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent portfolios and external stakeholders, including international regions
· Manage stakeholder communication regarding Release Plans and Release deliveries Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders, including international regions
· Identify projects impediments and address including proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed
· Responsible for projects planning and scheduling, including the timing and resources required to deliver upon key milestones / deliverables and the implications from key interdependencies
· Conduct project assessments to evaluate overall program performance and that assesses risks
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Ops Regional PMO Mgr or Ops PMO Mgr
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (eg, hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management)
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
· Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
· Strong ability to manage multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
· Previous experience in electronics manufacturing
· Prior experience in customer interface
· Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
· Strong operational and financial knowledge required
· Substantial knowledge of Jabil and demonstrated ability to leverage organization
· Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs)
· Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization programs and best practices, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
· Good communications skills
· Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations, and build partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels
· Distinctive problem solving leader
· Demonstrated team leadership capabilities
· Strong implementation skills to ensure programs and policies support business objectives and initiatives
· Person should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude
· Strong comprehension skills for understanding, developing and applying solutions
Jabil has standard Job Description Templates that has standard wording for this section. I will forward the JD's for both the Individual Contributor and the Managerial roles for future creations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred
· PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
· Minimum 10 + years project management experience or related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.