At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The purpose of the job is to support design engineers in various mechanical, electrical, electronics, and/or software application automation projects. A lead Automation Engineering Technician is responsible for leading the work of entry and journey level Technicians. Position drafts design drawings within the area of assignment. Position is provides end user support in installation and training of automation technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports design of automation equipment in respective areas of expertise, e.g., Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical, Software Application.
· Works closely with internal or external Assemblers on assembly of the designed equipment.
· Supports the design engineers in the drafting of design drawings, preparation, and development of user manual.
· Conducts equipment installation and end user training.
· Ensures all engineering times are logged into tracking system correspondent to the projects.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of mechanical/electronics/electrical/software application engineering.
· Knowledge of EMS industries.
· Knowledge of automation equipment assembly and installation.
· Ability to lead the work of entry and journey level technicians.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Two year technical degree in Mechanical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum of 7-8 years progressively responsible experiences in automation equipment assembly and installation.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.