At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Coordinates operational engineering projects from initiation through to completion. Coordinates project planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understand and drive regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
· Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the teams.
· Participates in project meetings and makes recommendations for improvement.
· During Project implementation oversees the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses and communicates Jabil’s manufacturing capabilities and those of the Engineering group; identify and suggest solutions for any immediate need or enhancement in a timely manner.
· Provide support for the quoting activities by participation in initial process design, development, and implementation phases.
· Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Evaluate and provide input to inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
· Review supplies, internal, and customer discrepancies, coordinate and track the effectiveness of corrective/proactive action efforts.
· Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for document storage and access.
· Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assist Design Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in class.”
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in manufacturing environment
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
· Minimum 5 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.