At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Senior Project Manager Social & Environmental responsibility will lead assigned SER projects, programs and initiatives. Apply project management expertise to support most senior SER personnel with Jabil SER strategy. Manage assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from concept to implementation. Ensure projects contribute and enhance Jabil’s commitment to corporate social responsibility and operational excellence.
Provide management and guidance toward successful collaboration with multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for global implementation of Jabil’s social responsibility strategies. Manage implementation and enhance Jabil’s global adoption and adherence to industry and customer-driven social responsibility requirements. Focus includes, but no limited too, the Electronic Industry Code of Conduct (EICC).
Provide single-point-of-contact to customer (internal & external) for all EICC activities. Provide full accountability for project budget, schedule and direct report staff if applicable. Support the development, management and delivery all EICC implementation requirements. This includes developing concise project plan w/ milestones that reflects Jabil’s business model and balances the multiple challenges these requirements present.
Manage key alignment with Jabil supply chain SER efforts as strategic liaison to ensure Jabil global supply chain meets EICC requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recruit, interview and assist in the hiring process of other Project Managers (if needed)
· Assist in identifying individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility for lower level project managers.
· Coach and mentor lower level project management staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Assist in managing succession plans for the project management function.
· Goal orientation and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined, good at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
· Solicit ongoing feedback from teams impacted by project and direct team.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the project & organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of direct team and keep them focused.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues, problems, and changes.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
· Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or internal personnel.
· Establish and maintain communications with both customer personnel and senior management.
· Assist most senior SER person w/ business and/or contract negotiations involving EICC elements.
· Advise most senior SER with strategy alignment to on-the-ground reality.
· Identify and prepare proposals that close gaps and mitigate risk.
· Know and understand the strategic direction of Jabil’s SER strategy.
· Define, develop and implement a strategy which contributes to the SER strategic direction.
· Develop an understanding of the workcell business strategy as it pertains to SER requirements.
· Provide regular project updates to relevant departments
· Assist SER with protecting and/or enhancing Jabil margin structure with balanced escalation and influence pertaining to customer requirements
· Identify creative ways to implement corrective actions in cost effective manner.
· Utilize tools to track changes and identify cost impact for review with senior management.
· Provide feedback to peers on concerns with cost.
· Prepare timely forecasts for projects.
· Cmpare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Forecast quarterly and annual projects where applicable
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for defining concise goals and objectives and meeting them
· Responsible for ensuring all of the project's technological requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Responsible for recognizing project's Key Success Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
· Responsible for project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation
· Responsible for facilitating communication as appropriate to all involved and "manage" the stakeholders. This includes escalate issues to the next level of management
· Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external
· Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer objectives.
· Understand and exceed customer needs and expectations.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Centralize and standardize metrics in the SocialResp space
· Improve communication and education for sites
· Proliferate standard policies & procedures in the SocialResp space
· Provide leadership, guidance, & strategy to site staff in the SocialResp space
· Create a portal for SocialResp, including metrics reporting, best practices sharing, special projects, audit findings tracking, etc
· Manage interface with supply chain to ensure adequate SER strategy for Jabil controlled supply base
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.