At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Inspects and measures incoming material to ensure conformance to part specification list in accordance with IPC-A-610 as well as Custom Mechanical Drawing Requirements. Measures critical to quality characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools. Works under general supervision. Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Inspects incoming material to cosmetic, dimensional and workmanship standard. Measures critical characteristics / safety critical characteristics of incoming material using various mechanical and electronic measuring tools. Manages material flow through the Supplier Quality Inspection area in such a way that good and non-conforming material is clearly identified and material moves quickly in and out of the area. Understands and interprets part specifications. Enters test and inspection results into SAP, if applicable or part folders as necessary. Maintains filing system for test records if applicable. Creates and releases Quality Notifications (RIR) in SAP as needed. Reviews Drawing or Part Changes (ECN, MCO), Deviations, SCR's, and any specialized quality requirements. Helps manage the RIR (quality notification) cage.
· Escalating issues and quality trends to SQM or SCDM.
· Performs measurement system studies and measurement evaluations under engineering guidance as needed.
· Trains personnel as needed.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated ability to use equipment and tools typically used in the inspection process such as calipers, gage blocks, hand tools and gage pins ect.
· PC skills, including training and knowledge in applicable software packages, including SAP, MS Office and/or other desktop applications.
· Ability to work under tight time deadlines with frequently changing priorities.
· Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Ability to use standard and unique problem-solving techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand walk regularly, and occasionally lift up to 25lbs (Team lifting required). Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s workstation is located in a climate-controlled Warehouse and/or Covered Outside environment for larger crated materials.
The noise level in the work environment is customary to a WH environment.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.