At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Lead Engineer will be able to technically lead the entire cross functional design team on their interactions and responsibilities for a project. This role is responsible for insuring the phase gate technical milestones are met and for making sure the the specification requirements inputs and deisgn outputs align. This role is the leader of technical reviews and must demonstrate experience at releasing product into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Meet the requirements of Sr. Engineer.
· Considered a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in field of competency.
· Represents Jabil Engineering Services in technical customer discussions / meetings.
· Works with Project Manager Engineering Services in the quoting process.
· Provides technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
· Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design/VAVE.
· At the appropriate process phase gates, drive the delivery of a complete design package to be entered into our PDM system consisting of requirements and design documentation, databases, BOM’s, etc./ drive the delivery of a complete VAVE analysis to be delivered to the customer consisting of detailed proposals, cost impacts, risk levels, pros/cons, models, etc…
· Lead all elements of design/VAVE engineering including design reviews, design verification requirement & Spec developments, implementation, supply chain & supplier feedback, requirements for implementation, transfer to design and manufacturing team.
· Mentors Sr. Engineers and below
· Provides onsite technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stays abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Supports management in identifying internal and external resources to support product development/analysis
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop
mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 8+ years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Sr. Engineer
· Specific requirements as defined by the market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.