At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Builds, troubleshoots and maintains test and equipment for dedicated workcell.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates production test equipment. Monitors and performs calibration of test equipment and testers.
· Diagnoses and repairs failed circuit boards using a variety of diagnostic tools including visual inspection.
· Enters information into a computerized tracking system.
· Collects data and interprets board failures.
· Trains lower level technicians
· Troubleshoots testers, performs tester repairs and maintains test equipment as needed. Changes test fixtures and program changeovers as required by the workcell. Escalates test failure issues to higher- level technicians and manufacturing.
· Diagnoses and repairs failed circuit boards using a variety of diagnostic tools, including visual inspection, oscilloscope, computer terminals, and diagnostic software. Informs the manufacturing supervisors, engineers, and other technicians of failure issues.
· Performs preventative maintenance on and calibration of test equipment and testers. Maintains calibration logs. Assists with the test failure measurement evaluation and analysis process.
· Trains and assists lower- level technicians and test operators. Drives continuous improvement on test yields, work in progress (WIP), test coverage and no problem found (NPF) reductions.
· Gathers, interprets and enters failure data information into computerized tracking system and prepares reports.
· Studies schematics and diagnostic guides to determine the proper functioning of circuit boards/components. Identifies circuit board/component failures and communicates findings to higher level technicians.
· Ensures an adequate supply of testing equipment and parts are available in inventory.
· Operates production test equipment.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.