At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Completes Receiving Inspection process when required
· Supports the Quality Lab's calibrations
· Supports internal, external, and customer audits as necessary
· Supports Supplier Quality Engineering Supervisor and interfaces with Quality Engineers and Manufacturing to promote process optimization and increased efficiency
· Supports equipment/process evaluation (experimentation) activities, utilizing appropriate measuring equipment and data gathering/inspection methods as directed
· Conducts inspections using CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) to record and transfer data from SPC tools including SVS, Wave Rider, and Oven Rider
· Assists Engineers in collection, preparation, and analysis of data development for design of experiment and failure analysis
· Reviews supplier part approval submission documentation (PPAP, MPAP, etc.) for adequacy and effectiveness
· Prepares PPAP and Prototype documentation including performing dimensional layout
· Supports inspection processes via CMM (PC-DMIS) programming, Gage R&R, and capability studies
· Facilitates a dimensional lab including receiving inspection, calibration and preventative maintenance
· Ensures procedures and lab functions are being performed correctly by coworkers
· Performs layouts from Customer assembly layouts to supplier component layouts using various types of equipment including but not limited to CMM, Vision systems, Optical comparator, Surface test equipment, and various other electronic and hand tools
· Utilizes SAP and Jabil Paperless System (JPS)
· Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
· High school diploma OR GED OR equivalent AND Experience in engineering technical disciplines
· Advanced reading, writing and math skills
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Excel and database programs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
· Ability to deal with tight deadlines which change rapidly is required
· Ability to read blue prints and interpret GD&T ASME Y14.5-2014
· Must be able to obtain data, prepare reports
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to walk, and to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of computer monitor screen a great deal of the time.
Individual’s primary workstation is in the office area, with some time spent each day on the manufacturing floor and Receiving Inspection.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.