At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Ensures that all fixed assets of the company are registered in Accounting through the timely registration of acquisitions, inter-company transfers and Fixed Asset Audits in accordance with policies and procedures established by Jabil.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Controls and manages cost of capital via the completion of Capital Expenditure Request form. Updates the physical file that contains the documentation that supports each request (CER, Purchase request, quotes).
· Reviews account 15910 in order to enter purchases of fixed assets in the SAP module. Tags new equipment with an asset tag.
· Updates physical file of each fixed asset acquired by the company with all supporting documentation.
· Controls the movement of fixed assets, including the acquisition, transferrence, consigning, temporary exit, sale, and permanent exit, registering each movement and providing copy to affected personnel.
· Physically inventory equipment with the goal of updating registers in the system and maintain a better control of assets.
· Makes monthly reports for Corporate on fixed asset status as well as movements during the month. Reports also show available assets that can be used in other cells in Chihuahua or at other Jabil plants around the world.
· These reports are: Actual Capital Expenditure by Program or Cost Center, Fixed Asset Rollforward and Surplus Gear Report.
· Elaborates the Fixed Asset Balances at the end of each month to be used in the Financial Analysis area for reporting to Corporate.
· Elaborates the “Consolidate FA by Project” sent to different WorkCells to inform of assets and depreciation in past months.
· Generates the accounting depreciation along with the previous analysis of assets to be depreciated as well as the validation of the balances in the Fixed Asset Module.
· Generates the prorated depreciation report for Maquilas and for LLC Lux (Depreciation Allocation) basing on prorating criteria.
· Elaborates reports used in audits done by KPMG that show movement of fixed assets on a quarterly basis.
· Controls costs and requisitions related with the maintenance of Fixed Assets, with the goal of monitoring the same relative to that which is budgeted and reduce variances.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.