At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The tooling project engineer manages and assists with injection mold programs through quoting, mold design, construction, debugging, process development, and qualification. The role supports new mold programs, as well as existing molds in commercial production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage various aspects of mold development including, but not limited to; design reviews, fabrication and qualification related to prototype and pilot molds.
- Provide engineering support to molds and programs that are already in commercial production, as required.
- Act as a primary point of contact between the department and tooling vendors.
- Develop of customer-driven mold specifications and prepare purchase orders within the Jabil purchasing systems.
- Provide tooling cost estimates in support of new program quotes.
- Development and maintenance of tool build timelines.
- Act as a tooling lead by participating in part design reviews, as they relate to manufacturability and tool viability.
- Preparation of tooling status reports for both customers and internal use.
- Assist with mold supplier evaluations for the Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- Ensure tooling designs conform to Jabil’s established standards.
- Support development of part handling and metrology requirements and the requisite tooling and fixtures, as required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Job is not directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Periodic travel to customer, vendor and/or Jabil sites is required, up to 10%.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in tight-tolerance injection molding for a regulated industry (such as healthcare) required.
- Completion of an accredited 4 or 5 year tool and die apprenticeship program preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in toolmaking, in addition to the training, preferred.
- Project management skills including scheduling, resourcing, and customer management.
- Proficiency with solid modeling CAD software (such as SolidWorks) desired
- MS Office including, Project desired.
- Equivalent combination of education, training or experience will be considered.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.