At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Project Engineer is responsible for leading the Engineering Services Tech staff in large and/or complex engineering project from initiation through to completion. Develops and manages project budget, planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule, and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the implementation of complex and/or large engineering projects.
- Leads design and manufacturing meetings, making recommendations for change.
- Is customer facing
- In conjunction with Project Manager, implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing layout for maximum efficiency and cycle time optimization.
- Leads complex projects relating to new technical developments and processes.
- Establish and manage project budget with Project Manager
- Establish and manage project schedule with Project Manager
- Provides engineered solutions to complex equipment problems.
- Delivers quotes for projects including new equipment cost, labor, maintenance costs, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
- Drives projects through design engineering, procurement, assembly, test, final acceptance, and shipment.
- Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systemic problem solving.
- Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
- Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
- Assist design engineers with design for manufacture issues.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to Engineer Manager
- Job is responsible for managing others (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management.)
- Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
- Knowledge and experience of automation equipment
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
- Minimum 6-8 years work-related experience in engineering or project management related role.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.