At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The primary purpose of the Support Technician III is to Provides technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications & concierge level technical service to all Jabil Leaders. This is to include rapid support for mobile devices such as iPhones, Android, MacBook’s, and Windows laptops, and video and audio conference support.
The role will work closely with other technical teams to ensure that all appropriate SLA’s & OLA’s are achieved or exceeded. Support is needed for high-level meetings to include Board meetings, Earnings calls, and Investor meetings.
The Support Technician III will strive to keep downtime to a minimum for our Jabil leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Procuring and ordering any needed hardware/software requirements.
● Be present and available for major meetings to ensure equipment works properly
● Work closely with the other IT groups to provide first line technical support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and resolved swiftly and effectively in line with operational level agreements and service level agreements.
● Test any new major rollout with other IT groups. This is either approve or disapprove any change that could mean downtime for Executive Staff.
● Work closely with our video conference provider to aid in the planning and support of high level video conferences
● Work using own initiative and work within a team environment.
● Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards to technology
● The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s business plans and organization, including key users of technology and their needs.
● Document actions, alterations and procedures to ensure an accurate and accessible record of the current state of the system.
● Assist other members of the team when appropriate to complete tasks in the necessary timescale.
● Keep abreast of trends in technology and its application to understand current best practice, possible alternative solutions and to support problem solving.
● Manage own time to fulfil tasks efficiently, in the correct priority and to the required level of quality, within the context of the objectives supplied by manager.
● Ensure technology supports meets the customer requirements as defined in the Service Level Agreements.
● Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality).
● Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
● Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
● May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● An excellent customer service manner is required together with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
● Desirable qualification in a technical discipline, demonstrating skills in the understanding, investigation, analysis and presentation of complex information.
● Experience working with Active Directory, Google Mail, MS Office, Windows and Mac environments, and have a good understanding of collaboration services.
● Extensive experience with Android, iOS, and their related OS environments.
● Strong Team Player, excellent communication skills, excellent organizational skills, self-motivated / drive, Flexible.
● Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications, both within Technology and the business.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.